That’s a question many people ask, which is why Rosedale Service has prepared the following article. Rosedale Service is an appliance repair specialist in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, and provides kind and prompt customer service.
It’s really difficult to tell anyone how long an appliance will last, because while there’s always an expected lifespan, it is an approximation, and many factors will have an effect on an appliance’s lifespan. However, having good habits can extend the life expectancy of home appliances. For instance, you should have a certified technician perform a checkup on your appliances every year to make sure everything is in order. Much like a car, appliances have to be maintained regularly if you’re to keep them for a long time.
That being said, there are 3 key factors influencing how long you’re going to keep your appliances:
1. Usage frequency: How often you use the appliance;
2. The regular maintenance: Whether or not you clean your appliance regularly;
3. The overall quality: If you spend more money for a good brand and better features, you increase the chances to keep the appliance longer.
Depending on each type of appliance, there are some preventive maintenance tips you can apply regularly to keep your appliances in optimal condition:
– When there’s a spill in the oven, make sure to clean it right away with a damp cloth;
– Clean the unit either with the auto cleaning feature or with spray regularly;
– Check to make sure the door seal is not cracked.
Refrigerators and Freezers:
– Change the water filter regularly;
– Make sure dust and debris don’t accumulate in the vents;
– Clean the condenser coils, located on the back of the fridge or at the bottom of the front of the fridge every 6 months;
– Check the door gasket.
– Clean out the drain;
– Run a sanitize cycle twice every year;
– Buy and use the solution sold in stores to the clean the unit.
– Avoid overloading the washing machine;
– Prefer High Efficiency detergent, as you won’t need to use as much.
– Clean out your lint trap after every load;
– Clean the exhaust pipe every few months, as lint also accumulates there;
– Don’t overload the dryer.
Hopefully, following these tips will ensure your appliances run longer. Should you need more in-depth assistance, be sure to give Rosedale Service a call for appliance service in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. They’ll make sure everything is in order at a reasonable price.