On every appliances, you will see around the doors a rubber piece called gasket. The gasket has an important function on your appliance. It prevents leakage and keep the cold or hot air inside the appliance. A damaged gasket will reduced the efficiency of your appliance. After a while, gasketmight dry and crack. In this case, it’s important to replace it right away.
Here are a few tips to verify if your gasket is still in good condition:
- Needs to be flexible: the gasket should be soft to the touch and it should easily move. If it’s not the case, the gasket is dry and it won’t adhere properly to the appliance;
- Needs to be hermetic: when the door is close, pass your hand around it and you should not feel air;
- Inspect for crack: look at the gasket to see if it’s still intact.
If after your verification you conclude that your gasket need to be replaced, make sure that you buy the right one for your appliance. You can refer to your appliance manual to find the piece number of the gasket and then, easily order it. A universal gasket might not be well adjusted for your appliance. Using it will reduced the efficiency of your appliance. Therefore, choose the right one!
Once you have your new gasket on hand, you can replace it on your appliance. Referring to the appliance manual might give you the instruction to change it. Or, here are easy steps that you can follow:
- Remove the old gasket. Make sure that there are no residues left on the appliance;
- Clean the gasket area to ensure that the new gasket will well adheres on the appliance;
- Install the new gasket by following the instruction on the gasket package.
Hoping this article was helpful! If you have identified a damaged gasket and you need help to replace it, call Rosedale Service, an appliances repair Service in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. Our qualified technicians can give you more tips to change your appliance gasket or they can come to your home to do it for you. Call us now to book an appointment.