Ever wondered what all those different buttons on your dishwasher were? You are a not alone. A lot of people don’t take advantage of the numerous features that come with their dishwasher, which is why Rosedale Service, an appliance repair in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, has prepared the following article detailing the different functions on your dishwasher.
While the dishwasher’s main compartment hasn’t really evolved over the years, its control panel now offers a lot of options that are not necessarily easy to understand. Depending on the quality and the brand of your dishwasher, options will differ. Below are a couple of examples of functions you may come across on your dishwasher.
Delay start: Definitely among the most useful options on a dishwasher. Take advantage of this option anytime you do not want to start your load immediately. Set a time for the load to start by itself.
Half load: If you happen to have used all your favorite plates without filling your dishwasher completely, this option could come in handy, as it allows you to reduce the amount of water needed to clean your dishes, therefore reducing the load.
Cycle selection: There are many different cycles you can choose. They are adapted to the type of cleaning you would like to do.
- Auto: Lets the dishwasher decide which cleaning method is required.
- Normal: Standard cleaning.
- Delicate: Soft cleaning for dishes that don’t require a lot of cleaning.
- Express: Washes dishes more quickly, but less thoroughly.
- Heavy: Washes dishes very thoroughly, but may require more time, water, and energy.
- Rinse: Allows you to give a first clean to your dishes if you’re not ready to start your load just yet.
While higher quality models may offer more options, those listed above are pretty standard on most dishwashers. If you have questions on how to use your dishwasher or if you need a dishwasher technicianin Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, be sure to give a call to Rosedale Service today, as they always provide their customers with amazing appliance service.